The Sault Area Chamber of Commerce Leadership Program is designed to bring a group of diverse individuals together to undergo a series of educational sessions where they will become knowledgeable on topics that impact and define our community. These individuals are recognized as potential leaders in the community and will be equipped with information, resources and relationships to help shape the future of the Sault Ste. Marie area.
Applicants will be selected on the basis of community involvement, career background, work experience, motivation, attitude and leadership potential.
2017-2018 Program Session Topics Include:
• Friday/Saturday, May 12-13– Orientation
• Thursday, June 8– Government
• Thursday, July 13 – Education
• Thursday, August 10 – Legal System
• Thursday, Sept. 14 – Philanthropy/Tribal Life
• Thursday, Oct. 12 – Economic Development
• Thursday, Nov. 9 – Media
• Thursday, Dec. 14 – Healthcare
• Thursday, Jan. 11 – Wrap Up/Development Plan REQUIREMENTS:
• Registration deadline is April 14, 2017
• To participate in the program, there is a $375
The objective of the Leadership Program is to:
• Identify participants who hold potential for community leadership
• Provide these leaders with community issues, resources and opportunities
• Increase the leadership skills of program participants
• Provide participants with opportunities to exchange ideas with each other and community leaders
• Encourage graduates to continue their community involvement and leadership in the Sault area.
This 9-month program begins with a retreat weekend and continues monthly with a full day of sessions on given topics and wraps up with a development plan day. Graduation from the program will take place the Chamber Annual Dinner & Awards Banquet in February. Each month, topics will be delivered from professionals in the area of discussion. Each session day offers a variety of information, tours, hands-on experience and opportunity to interact with community leaders.
• Each participant MUST attend the orientation and wrap up sessions.
• No more than two sessions can be missed.
• If attendance not reached, no refunds will be given.
• Each participant must take part in the community project chosen by the class.
Special Thanks to our Sponsors
Central Savings Bank
War Memorial Hospital
Soo CO-OP Credit Union
Sault Ste. Marie Convention & Visitors Bureau
Lake Superior State University
Parker’s Ace Hardware
Chippewa County Credit Union
Old Mission Bank
Superior Insurance Agency
State Farm Insurance-Leisa Mansfield
Don Wilson Insurance
The Sault News